Von: Jesse Wechsler <dawwn_bEi_EARTHLINK.NET>
An: EASI_bEi_MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU
Betreff: Re: Inaccessible Alt-tags
Datum: Montag, 1. Dezember 1997 09:15

----->
Is anyone aware of a problem with inaccessible hypertext links caused by
misplacing an Alt-tag?

Is it true that by embedding the Alt-tag in the line instead of using it as
the final term on the line, screen readers are not able to decode it?
<-----

Alan,

I was not aware of it as a problem, but I think the answer is yes.

In the examples you gave, you were accurate. The tag must go at the end of
the line, not embedding it within. For further info I suggest checking out:

http://www.eskimo.com/~jlubin/disabled/web-desi.htm

The Trace Center Accessiblity Page seems to have a typo at the moment and
is not reachable.

Jesse  Wechsler

Owner/Moderator of the MOBILITY List